Friday, August 14, 2009

The Big 3-0

Well, as of August 1st, I am no longer in my 20’s… I have realized in the past few weeks how spoiled I am to have the friends and family that I do…. they have made my birthday lots of fun.

Damon and I took a short trip to Dallas to relax and for my “birthday dinner” Damon took me to my favorite restaurant, The Grand Lux Cafe. If you haven’t been before, I hear that it is a sister restaurant to The Cheesecake Factory. The food is amazing and I literally have never tried something that wasn’t incredibly delicious.

IMG_0089 IMG_0088 IMG_0107When we got home from Dallas, Damon and the kids surprised me with lots of little gifts that had fun significance to our family and each had a numbered page that described the fun gift. I realized at the end that the last number was 30 for me turning 30. Thank you, Damon for all the work you put into that for me…

IMG_0112

IMG_0115

On the 3rd, we had a fun birthday party for Isaiah, Summer, Me and Andi since we all had birthdays in the last few weeks. We thought since Damon was the only one without a birthday that he should cook for us! He did grill our steaks, but we helped him out with other things to go with them!

IMG_0121 Avery loved the cake so much!!! She even has it in her ear! IMG_0128

Then, we got to celebrate my birthday with my parents, Andi and Granny in Plainview. They made all my favorite foods and I think I gained 5 pounds just that night…chicken fried steak, cream potatoes and one of my favorite pies, Peach with crumb topping!! I think I gained another 5 pounds just thinking about it again! :)  We even got Granny to play tennis on the Wii.

IMG_0144

IMG_0149

Last Sunday, I even got to have another birthday get-together with Damon’s family. They took me out to eat at Red Lobster and then GG made my favorite cake, homemade strawberry!! YUM! I don’t have a picture of our time together, but we had a lot of fun.

Needless to say, I need to go on a diet! :)

See? I am SO spoiled! My birthday lasted a whole week! :)  Thank you to everyone that made me feel so special on my “turning 30” birthday!

1 comment:

Maryann said...

Happy Happy Birthday Erin!!