Monday, February 9, 2009

The Mad Scientist

You've seen the pictures of Avery using the paint set she got for Christmas. However, as we pulled them out again the other day, I thought you might enjoy seeing the entire process of how she arrives at her finished product. I took a few minutes of video of her just painting on paper just like the kids pictured on the box illustrate, and it wasn't until I left the camera on her and turned to help Cayden work in his Spiderman coloring book that her true colors shown through (really, no pun intended). I've listed my favorite moments (with the time they show up in the video) as well as a couple of pictures below the video.



Some of my favorite parts you might have missed:
The "nobody else saw me do that, right?" moment at 00:25
The old adage, "I can't take my eyes off of you for five seconds!" is proven out at 00:55
She starts eating the paint and actually looks around the camera to see if I'm watching at 2:05
Turn your speakers up and watch Avery's face at 2:35. "What was that?" indeed!







And finally, this is the face of the mad scientist!

No comments: