Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Letters and Laundry

It's been a few weeks, and we've got lots of pictures to share. I'm just putting a few here and will be back in the next few days to post some more.


First, yesterday was laundry day. No amount of detergent could get this load clean...


This morning we had a spitting of snow on the ground, and Cayden got out in the driveway to run around in it. We keep telling him that someday he'll get to see real snow.

In a letter that came to the house today I finally have the answer to what I should name my future punk band...

Finally, Erin got a chocolate craving this evening, and found an "easy" recipe for little molten chocolate cakes. After getting started, she realized that she didn't have enough Hershey bars for the recipe (details, details...), and so she scraped together all the chocolate from the pantry. The picture below is a pan of melted butter topped with milk chocolate morsels, white chocolate morsels, mini hershey bars, and a bunch of unwrapped Hershey's Kisses. I tried to talk Erin into dumping all the mini Snickers we had in as well, but no dice.

After she got all of it melted, she discovered that it wanted egg substitute (she used real eggs instead) and was supposed to chill for 24 hours (it sat on the counter for 5 minutes) before cooking. Yet, at the end of the day, they turned out really good. And as I type this we watch Biggest Loser and I just feel dirty...

1 comment:

jarcarhar said...

Here is why Erin and I are so different:

1. We don't have a planned day to do laundry...I should look into that!

2. When I have a chocolate craving, the last thing I would do is cook for myself! This is why your're my best friend...I'll call YOU to cook for me! ;-)